Saturday, January 31, 2009


I am so ready for race season to start. We have started watching bowling on Sunday afternoons. BOWLING of all things. It is really neat though, they usually have more in 4 frames than I can bowl in an enitre game.
Today was a good Saturday. We got up and had breakfast, then i hung clothes on the clothes line, and then McKenna and I went to get a haircut. She looks super cute and so grown up with her new hair cut. She is growing up so fast. It is so fun to watch her grow and learn.
Tucker is doing well. The docotors have put him on Prevacid to see if that will help with his recurring sinus infections and it has helped. I was really shocked when that is what he gave us at the ENT. I thought is he hearing me? I said that he has sinus infections not reflux. Oh well, another case where the doctor knew better than me, what a shocker. He had taken two 10 day round of antibiotics in Oct., and Nov. Then in Dec. we graduated up to 20 days and then he had 20 more in Jan.. I felt bad for him having to take all that medicine. I think it was because I hate taking antibiotics. He only had the killer diaper rash that usually goes along with it once though. I was really glad of that. I think that is one of the worst things that can happen, there is nothing that you can do to make it go away instantly and he would just cry and cry. Now we take Allegra, Singulair, and 2 breathing treatments a day along with our Prevacid! That is a lot for anyone, especially a 2 year old. The ENT said that we could stop some of it if the Prevacid worked. He was allergic to eggs and that passed. I am so glad that it did. McKenna was allergic to peanuts and it was hard. A trip to the grocery store seemed to take hours. I had to read EVERY label. Food allergies is one of the hardest things for people to understand though. Unless you have a child that has an allergy you don't know how hard it is. I have had such bad experiences with people that act so casually about them. They are hard.
I am so glad that Fireproof the movie is out on DVD. I think that everyone should see it. It is wonderful. A great Valentine's Day Movie. Yes, you will cry. Well, I cried like a baby both times that I saw it at the movies. It will make you appreciate your marriage, and your parents.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I need to rent Fireproof. I have been wanting to see it.

    ReplyDelete