Thursday, January 29, 2009


Today was an interesting day at work. It is becoming more and more stressful and I am not liking it one bit. This is a picture of the kids on our last trip to Dollywood. They really loved it. On the way to daycare this morning Tucker started in with his random 2 year old talking and he said "i ride the bees, i ride the pigs" it cracks me up when he starts with that stuff. We went to Dollywood on New Years Day and just out of the blue he starts saying that this morning. I am so amazed at what he can do and say. He is already using the potty. That is how you can tell that you are a mom potty becomes a word that you say everyday, and you are excited about someone using the potty. I think that is why moms stick together. You can't call up one of your friends that don't have kids and talk about pooping and using the potty. They just do not get as excited as I do. I mean it is a wonderful thing. I have used cloth diapers with Tucker. That is another thing that I have gotten some strange looks about. I tell people that I use cloth diapers and it is like I am speaking another language. I did start using them to save money when I was doing the stay at home mom thing, now it carried over to at night and on the weekends. I really believe that is why Tucker is using the potty already. He can't stand to be wet and in the cloth diapers he can feel when he is wet.
McKenna is so excited that they are having a party at school tomorrow. It is the 100 days of school party. She had to take her box of Cheerios. I think that they are making treat bags with 100 treats in them, which amounts to counting 10 each of 10 small items and putting them in a ziploc baggie. To a 5 year old this might be one of the coolest things ever. I can't believe that she is 5. She is so grown up acting and thinks that she is a lot older than that. I just wish I could find some way to break the thumb sucking habit ( all ideas are welcome!!) I am not sure what to try next, short of taping a glove on her hand at night. That seem cruel to me though.
I think that I have rambled enough for onr night, I think that I might go to bed early tonight... until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, Jessica, your kids are so cute!! So glad you're blogging. It's so addictive and therapeutic. :)

    ReplyDelete