Thursday, July 2, 2009

What I did on my summer vacation...

I remember having to write stuff like that in school so I thought that I would try it as an adult. I think that it was probably more interesting as a kid. I guess that it is because I had a lot more of a vacation then. I was off this entire week. It was pretty busy. I cleaned out closets, bedrooms, and the storage building. Needless to say, I am having a HUGE yard sale this weekend. I hope that it will be worth all the effort. That was the fun stuff that I did. Oh yeah, McKenna got a haircut, and her and Tucker played in the pool a lot. They went to daycare and still had a normal routine. Billy worked and I was home alone doing all that cleaning out.
We recently found out that my step-father has cancer. He went yesterday and had his chemo port put in. His cancer is stage IV and inoperable. He is taking it pretty well though. My mom on the other hand is not doing to good. She tries to pretend like she is but I know that she is hurting. The cancer was found extremly early but it is very aggressive. The chemo that they are doing is actually 3 types at once. He will go once every 2 weeks for an infusion that will take 3-4 hours. Then he has to bring home and infusion pump and use it for another 48 hours. The doctor told him just to continue life as normal as possible. If he feels like going to work then he needs to go. I am not sure what to expect, his first treatment will be next Tuesday. Then every 2 weeks after that for 6 months. They are going to reevaluate him after 3 treatments and see if there is any change in his condition, then it will be totally up to him and mom to decide on the next steps. If it is not working they can choose to change the type of treatment, or stop them all together. All I know is that there is a lot of people that are praying for him. I know that he appreciates all of them, but we also know that the Lord will do as he sees fit. I am just hoping he sees it our way this time :). I know that is not how we are supposed to feel, it was kinda a joke. I know that everyone hopes that he will see it their way. The Lord has a plan and I know that. I am just glad that I am a part of his plan.

1 comment:

  1. I hate to hear that. I will definitely be praying for your stepdad.

    ReplyDelete